This meal is something to get excited about. It’s really just delicious. The tender steak and warm pineapple will make your mouth do a happy dance. Skewers just make the meal that much more fun, and when you serve in on a bed of warm cabbage salad, you get lots of veggies too. With grilling season coming up, you now have a crowd-pleasing recipe, so try it out and let me know how it goes for you!
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. View the full disclosure policy here.
Let’s get cooking!
- Cut the steak into cubes and marinate.
- Add steak bites, pineapple chunks, and onion to skewers.
- Grill the skewers.
- Cook the cabbage salad while food is on the grill.
- Serve skewers on cabbage salad.
- Avocado oil can be subbed for extra virgin olive oil.
- Soy sauce can be subbed for coconut aminos, but decrease the salt to about 1 tsp.
- Garlic powder can be subbed for garlic cloves.
- Honey can be subbed for maple syrup.
Suggested Kitchen Items:
- Kabob skewers. These are 12″, which is perfect for one person. I love the round loop for easy flipping, and that they are flat so that your food won’t spin around.
- Garlic press. Oh man, I love this thing. No more fiddling with garlic cloves, you just smash them instead.
- Teak wood spoon. This set is beautiful. I love using wooden utensils, because they don’t scratch your pots and pans.
- Silicone oven mitts. I love using silicone oven mitts, because they totally protect your hands, unlike the fabric ones I’ve used in the past. I use this set daily.
- Stainless steel measuring utensils. The spoons are my favorite, because they fit in spice jars. I also love using stainless steel, instead of plastic.
- Stainless steel mixing bowls. This set is awesome, because it has a non-slip bottom and lids for each bowl.
I hope you love this recipe, and would love to hear about how making it went for you! Share with me in the comments below, on Pinterest, or @whitsfoodfit on Instagram.
Steak And Pineapple Skewers
- Grill or Oven
- 1 ½ lbs sirloin steak cubed
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ Tbsp sea salt
- 1 pineapple cubed
- 1 onion cubed
- marinated steak recipe above
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head cabbage sliced thin
- 2 cups carrots shredded
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 Tbsp ginger smashed
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 12-24 hours before grilling, marinated the cubed steak bites.
- Mix all liquid ingredients, as well as garlic, ginger, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the steak, stir until it's covered, and then cover the bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to grill, preheat your grill to about 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 C).
- Remove the steak bites from the marinade, and add the steak bites, pineapple, and onion to the skewers, alternating between the ingredients.
- Place the skewers on the grill for 5 minutes, then flip and cook again for another 5-15 minutes, depending how you like your steak cooked.
- While the skewers are cooking, health a large pot to cook the cabbage.
- Add the olive oil, then cabbage, carrots, garlic, and ginger.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes, then add the water, cover the pot, and let it cook until the cabbage is fork-tender, about 8-12 minutes.
- Mix the coconut aminos, lime juice, maple syrup, and salt in a small bowl, whisk to combine, and then add to the cooked cabbage.
- Take the skewers off the grill when they're cooked, and serve over a bed of the warm cabbage salad.
- Top with cilantro and more lime juice, if desired. Enjoy!